I had attended an Agile Project Management session this week. I have never executed project in agile mode yet, but have read/evaluated methodologies for quite some time. I think the fundamental philosophies (better collaboration, prototyping / visible working software, customer involvement, prioritized requirements, self managed team taking responsibility without assignment, just enough documentation and processes, adaptability) is something that should be practiced irrespective of the methodologies used, even if it is waterfall.


One thing though – there was one statement that “people don’t know what they want, until they see it”. Maybe corollary is that “when they see it, they would want something changed still”. It is so true in real life. I am going to go off on a tangent. I keep hearing so many things from people about what they want to do – one thing is common, most of people want to do something other than what they are doing, but don’t know exactly what. I feel those who know what they want clearly and be sure that they will be happy when they get exactly what they wanted are lucky (and must have done their research well or have great clarity of mind). If only we could work towards what we want (“see / experience / prepare for / learn about” the thing we want) while trying to reconcile with what we have now in the best possible way..

No comments:

Post a Comment

weekly notes - wk 17 / 2024

  1. I took a break from work (mostly) for a week. I had felt exhausted, out of energy and was wound up so much that I was easily triggered....