morning walk

I went for a walk/run today morning, after maybe 3 years break – was able to complete one round of a football field. Incidentally the field was in the same college where I had gone to collect application forms around 18 years back (time does fly). We need to cross this field to reach the office, it was deserted that day. I got robbed while returning after collecting the forms and being my first experience in a college campus, I didn’t know that one should keep the mouth shut – I said something sarcastically, the guy punched me hard in the stomach, I lost my breath and he kicked me for a good measure. That was it, I never set foot in that college afterwards and didn’t apply there as well. About a year ago we moved into a house right across that college, so now from the living room, my view is of this football field. It is now a morning walk destination for residents around the place, so today I decided to start. College had changed, but the field and the broken steps, overgrown bushes that cover the stands – all of it remains exactly the same.


Anyway the run felt really good. Planning to do it for 10 days at a stretch without any evaluation (my rule for making any habit). This quote comes to mind – "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t." – From Legally Blonde, Elle’s reason for defending someone. I need some endorphins these days..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

weekly notes - wk 18 / 2024

  1. I spent two days in bed over the weekend, with a terrible headache and cough. Even the fever bouts in the past did not flatten me total...