Oliver Sacks



Oliver Sacks is a neurologist and author of books like "Awakenings", “The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat”. I had listened to his contributions and his own conditions for past many years in the superb science podcast, RadioLab by WNYC – learned a few interesting things about neurology and the tricks the brain can play on us. Recently watched his TED talk on What Hallucinations reveals about our minds. Quote from the NYT article:-

“I want and hope in the time that remains to deepen my friendships, to say farewell to those I love, to write more, to travel if I have the strength, to achieve new levels of understanding and insight.
My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved; I have been given much and I have given something in return; I have read and traveled and thought and written.“

Great life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

weekly notes, wk 12 / 2024

  1.  Watched a series, The Old Man (Disney+), primarily since I wanted to escape and take my mind off things. It had some promise - of an o...