sleepy weekend

I looked up from the book, the sun had set and I suddenly remembered I hadn’t done my run today. I hate to lose the streak, so get ready and go out. I choose the discover weekly playlist, need to listen to new voices and sounds, going through an anti nostalgic phase.

The main street is lit all the way, it has turned into a night food street, lined with all kinds of food stalls selling momos, chat, dosas, typical kerala non veg dishes, sherbeths, sodas and tender coconut shakes. I make my turn into the lane which is in stark contrast - one side with thick vegetation, almost forest-y. Moon is two thirds, clear starry sky. It is very quiet, perfectly still, no wind, not even one leaf moving. Almost all street lights are working, except a patch which is pitch dark. A large raccoon crosses my path and goes into the bushes.

I had been tired all day and sleepy. Lethargy is the right word. Started the day with a video call with a few friends with whom I haven’t spoken in the last few years. We used to have lunch daily and talk about everything under the sun for an hour or so every day, now we are scattered in three countries and different companies. I remember when I parted with one or two of them, wanting to memorize that very moment since I knew I won’t be seeing them for years after.

We went to a marriage today. Relatively less crowded, peaceful. Bride and groom were made to touch the feet of lot of people and get blessings. During the ceremony, bride was touching groom’s feet before receiving the pudava. She asked me if she did that. I said I don’t remember, but pretty sure we did not do that.

In between sleeping, I was rewatching The Bear (cooking and restaurant oriented drama series) which I am obsessing over now. The only web series I am watching again and will probably rewatch in future too. I love the writing, the characters and out of this world acting by some of them. I was reading up on kitchen lingo used in it, chakki asked me what am I reading, saw this and asked how is this useful. I said this is for general knowledge.

Copied this to the side of my to-do list, as a reminder.

"We can't curb

that kind of chaos

Until the thinking changes.

Until the foundations change.

Until the chemistry changes.

And it's difficult."

- From “The Bear”

No comments:

Post a Comment

confidence gap

  “I would like to go back to being a software engineer, earning the salary of a software engineer” - someone at work told me today. She was...