learnings #3

1. People good with AI. Slow, deliberate people. Patient. Good with language. Can write. Reads. Intentional. Conscientious. Wanting to build good systems. Good at some craft and art. Researches. Curious. Builds. Plays. 
>> Some theories, about who might use AI better. Remains to be seen if this pans out. I am seeing a lot more examples of such people up close and personal these days and hope to write more about this soon. 

2. Stories evoke emotion, emotions make memories. 
>> Why story telling is important life skill 

3. Lay down the complex workflow and then think about higher level abstractions that can simplify it. 
>> Something I need to learn even more how to do 

4. Language is imprecise. Now use that to think about LLMs and its applications. Maybe some imprecision is ok to get a surprisingly good unexpected outcome, but other times we need to watch it to get to the intended outcome. 
>> Imprecise nature of language – what I said is not what was heard and it was not what was understood – when that meets AI, maybe AI’s interpretation might result in better outcomes, but it maybe hit and miss? 

5. Rumination vs Introspection - Clip playing on loop vs Clip played once for review/learning and archived
>> Rumination is a good word. While I have some loops myself, I tend to forget or push down memories never to surface and I think that is better way to live. 

6. Staring into the abyss as core life skill - to face uncomfortable truths, things we are deeply suspicious of, but not facing up to it yet. Pivoting. Taking a day to question. Using someone to bounce off. 
>> Copied down from somewhere since I liked “staring into the abyss” part. I wrote an article recently in LinkedIn about our Achille’s heel, which I strongly feel about since some time. That all of us are walking around with some and not facing up to it, or willfully ignoring ourselves. I hope I get the courage. 

7. It is your turn to ask for what you need. Don't compromise/cut it yourself. Let others say no. 
>> This was an advice that I got some time back. When I was hesitating to ask what I or my team needed – compromising myself thinking/knowing what the system around me is capable of giving. But the advice was why should I hesitate in asking, let others say no if they can’t give. I hope I learn that. But I have now some examples – people who asked for the moon, something I might cringe to do, but getting somewhere in the middle which makes a lot of things better. 

8. What is your kryptonite - that restores your super powers
>> Like Superman – when he gets weak, to go to his kryptonite to regain his superpowers. Would we have any magical people or places or things which can do it? 

9. Routinely elevate the aspiration of someone beyond the level he/she thinks they can do - to amplify and realize their potential
>> One of the best ones I had noted recently which I hope to practice. I had mentors like this in my career two or three times. I hope I can meaningfully do this to the right people, without artificially boosting, but when I truly believe they can be more. 

10. Going through the gamma radiation - to transform as a person - could be a tough assignment, something that flips the switch.
>> Like fixing someone’s “Achille’s heel” – devising such assignments or experiments, something that opens the eyes of someone. It will be magical if/when it happens. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

critical thinking

giving