learnings #2

1. Self destruction is coded into us, at cell level? This is why court danger, to feel alive.

>> I am not sure if this is true, but noted this down to know capacity for destruction is in us. Destroying, hurting, lashing out to feel alive might be what some people do.

2.Agency - remembering you can move.

>> High Agency is a concept that is fascinating. Why some people act, some do not.

3. Telescope and microscope - how to view things. Long term and short term.

>> Helpful analogy. Zoom in, Zoom out.

4. "Pressure does not exist, it is an excuse. If you just think about enjoying yourself and having fun, there is no pressure."

>> From a 19 year old, Lamine Yamal. Living his life large, at the center of attention. They say this is how Gen Z is.

5. To develop agency, ask - "What's the stupidest easiest one thing you could do to make even a little progress?"

>> Agency again. To keep moving.

6. When you need to converge on the single right answer, sit down. When you need to find the answer in the first place, get up.

>> I need to walk more.

7..Be very confident you’re going in the right direction, and execute well on the step you’re taking right now, without knowing exactly where you’re going.

>> Most times, this is how it is. Guess we will keep calibrating the direction, swallow the doubts.

8. Soft eyes. See the world with soft eyes. To see the missing detail. To see the forest not just the woods.

>> Really liked this one. Soft eyes.

9. Don't apologize for standing up for oneself.

>> Don’t remember where I copied this from. But I did use it atleast once with someone at the right occasion. I think the new generation has better self respect.

10. You don’t build muscle using an excavator to lift weights. You don’t produce interesting thoughts using a GPU to think.

>> I am not sure if these will look silly in a few years. Concerns about cognitive decline when we outsource our thinking. And whether AI will become so good that GPU will produce interesting thoughts too. Or we will forget to differentiate what interesting used to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

critical thinking

giving