yesterday


"Yesterday, all my troubles seems far way" is a favourite song. 


"Unsociable hours" waking up around 3 am for something, remembering that brain on less sleep might be like a drunken zombie. 


"Anger is a secondary emotion - root is fear or hurt" was the takeaway from a podcast I listened to on the way to the office. 


"I am going to take things easy, I am stressing out too much, it may impact my career, but it is ok" was a friend's take from yesterday's breakfast where we gossiped and cribbed to heart's content. I can understand why gossip is the reason language developed and having a friendly shoulder to lean on is necessary.


"Seeing a smiling face gives energy to go on" was a comment to a colleague, in the virtual world talking to a couple of hundred people with only a handful on video. It is far more refreshing than talking to a computer.


"Feeling restless" I said to a friend and he said "I could sense that". Easy understanding between people where one can sense things is a blessing.


Looking outside and not able to see anything, it was dark like night, in the middle of the day. It lets forget the misery of the hottest summer. What is the name of the feeling when you see such dark clouds about to burst open?    


Listening to daylist on Spotify and doing something creative which gives satisfaction. 


Calling for help from people whom I have helped in the past and getting reciprocation. Give more without expectation and ask for less - it works.  


Talking to people who are making earnest effort in what they do gives so much positive energy.


Dropping in at parent's home to pick up some bananas that they grew in their backyard and playing for a few minutes with an excited, hyperactive, jumping, yelping Brownie who licked me clean wherever he could. 


Deciding not to let go of something I consider my own, which was weighing heavily on my mind. At least for now.


It feels good when I feel so confident to explain anything ambiguous, when the brain is firing on all cylinders and giving confidence to others. 


Watched a movie, as a spur of the moment decision, letting go of some work things which could wait, first day second show, among cheering fans. 


Finding something valuable I thought I lost, which also nagged at the back of my mind.  


"Uyire" when every song that comes on the radio is something I want to listen to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the way music used to make me feel

I came across this tweet a few days back, which is like one of those we say “Yes!” to, someone had put into words something we are also feel...