uplifting?


I watched Rajeev Ravi’s movie “Njan Steve Lopez”. Liked it, but less than Kammattipadam and Annayum Rasoolum. All his Malayalam movies (and the ones he did cinematography for in Hindi – likes of Gangs of Wasseypur) seem to be centered around gangs and people in them. While it addresses loss of innocence, humanity of the killers, circumstances that lead to them, why are the talented story tellers focusing on violent lives as their medium? Likes of Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino etc. I have had my fill of action, violence and gore. I needed a uplifting story today – not another tragedy. I heard one director comment that reality is boring, too long and too slow, if we show the reality of everyday life, no one would watch it. We need to escape reality and hence the cinematic/dramatic leap of faiths that take us away from the world outside. Maybe that is true.

I need something positive now – a good story, one that reassures the hope, believable, not too dramatic or unreal, about naturally good people who doesn’t lose (need not necessarily win, but still). Anything like (but not the same as) below ones..

Her
The shawshank redemption
Forrest Gump
Taare Zameen Par
The Lunchbox
Piku
Amelie
Maheshinte Prathikaaram
Sing Street
Dil Chahta Hai
Call Me by Your Name
Bridges of Madison County
When Harry Met Sally
As Good As It Gets
The Breakfast Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

weekly notes, wk 15 / 2024

I wanted to capture some memories, atleast so that it comes in google photos a few years later as a reminder. I was in London in the past we...